LAUNCHED IN 2010, THE SITCH ON FITCH BECAME THE INSPIRED, RESPECTED BRAND OF PASSION OVER THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRESTIGE OF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. (ADMIRATION FOR ITS PAST GOING BACK TO 1892 AND FOR THE MODERN-TIME HEIGHTS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA); IT WAS OFFICIALLY, POSITIVELY RECOGNIZED BY A&F HOME OFFICE BY APRIL 2012, WITH A DIRECT EMAIL TO THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, DURING ITS GROWTH AS THE ONE-OF-A-KIND, MULTINATIONAL ONLINE PUBLICATION, WITH HIGH-GRADE PRESENTATION WHICH EVOLVED OVER ITS RUN, FOR RELEVANT, UNIQUE, IN-DEPTH BUSINESS, CULTURE, AND STYLE CONTENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES WORLDWIDE (MONTHLY PAGEVIEWS SURPASSED 110K BY AUGUST 2012); AND IT WAS FOLDED BY SEPTEMBER 2015 AFTER THE DECEMBER 2014 RETIREMENT OF MIKE JEFFRIES AND THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF'S DISTASTE WITH THE FURTHER DEGRADATION OF THE COMPANY BY ITS NEW MANAGEMENT. WITH CONTENT BY THE PERSPECTIVE OF DEVOTED CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES FROM AMERICA, EUROPE AND FAR EAST ASIA, THE SITCH ON FITCH (2010-2015) REMAINS AS A HISTORICAL, ZEITGEIST ONLINE PUBLICATION OVER THE FINAL YEARS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA. THIS SITE WILL BE REVAMPED SOON TO OFFICIATE AN INTELLIGENT ARCHIVE FOR THE USE OF ALL PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE CONTENT PUBLISHED DURING THE PUBLICATION'S ORIGINAL RUN.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Guest Voices! | A Passion for RUEHL from Germany...



PRESENTER
DANIEL

FROM
GERMANY

REGARDING
A RUEHL COOL ENCOUNTER



My R925 Carrington Jacket as featured at The Trubble Village Bar, (here)!
         HEY, THERE. MY name's Daniel and I'm a 17 year-old guy living in Rostock – a pretty boring Hanseatic town in the north of Germany. I have to say that I never really cared for upscale brands and that the first time I heard about Abercrombie was actually just a few months ago when there was this A&F scandal in the media (A&F won't stock sizes larger then "L" for women, etc.). But whatever...

In July, I was in Dresden which is a really, really great town...and there was a Hollister Co. shop. In Rostock, we neither have a Hollister or an Abercrombie (of course) and so I was kind of attracted when I saw the beach shack in the mall. I went in and I just thought, "What the hell is this? Is this a store? ...Can I buy in here?" After a while I thought it was really cool because this store was a totally new experience for me. I bought two shirts; and when I came back from Dresden, I checked out the Hollister website. Furthermore, in my research about the brand, I came across the Wikipedia article for Hollister and I read the name "RUEHL No.925"...I afterwards finally ended up at The Sitch on Fitch (its Editor-in-Chief having had maintained the A&F-related Wikipedia pages in the late-2000s before leaving to start TSOF) and The Trubble Village Bar.

You know I never cared for the A&F brand, and only after my experience in Dresden did I noticed that everyone in my age and over it was wearing Hollister and A&F. I was a little bit sad about that because when you buy something pricey you want to stand out from the crowd. But then the name RUEHL stood out to me once again and I had read that the brand was never launched outside the USA and closed in 2010. I searched carefully on eBay and on another German website which was pretty similar and I found a few authentic RUEHL clothes...I felt totally in love with them. I first got a yellow Shirt for 20 euros; and a few days after it, I found the RUEHL Carrington Jacket for just 59€. (See my featured clothing here at Bar).

I love RUEHL so much. The flair. The feeling of wearing something that no one has. Hollister is for my classmates, RUEHL is for me. It's the most stylish grown-up clothing brand I know. I adore how the idea of RUEHL transports you to a unique fantasy of a lifestyle in Greenwich Village, New York City... I really hope that I can get more RUEHL clothes soon.

Although I do not belong to the original target age group of 22 through 35, I highly enjoy wearing R925. I also love the stylish, cool photography by Bruce Weber for RUEHL and the pseudo-history of the German immigrants and the store music. I'm kind of a RUEHL-geek now if you can say so.

It's definitely my new favorite clothing brand and it's so sad I never got the chance to visit one of the shops when the business was still in operation. I guess it was awesome to enter a store which was designed as a New York brownstone house. I mean, that's where I want to be anyway...in NYC.

Daniel

The Trubble Village Bar, as a division of The Sitch on Fitch, continues the iconic legacy of the RUEHL dream. Visit the Bar now! (VISIT)