Firstly, I must apologise for my lack of posts over the past few months, I have had so much homework & so many exams to revise for. Anyhow, I've been on holiday in Florida, and I have a massive haul to tell you about. Okay, so I was lucky enough to be able to visit when the 4th of July sales were on, so I saved quite a bit! Since I bought so much, I've only been able to snap a few photos of parts of my haul as I wore some on holiday, therefore they are in the washing. Plus, I don't want to bore you all, so I've only listed some of the items that I bought below. So I'll start off with which stores I visited...
Hollister & A&F in Altamonte Mall, Altamonte Springs
Hollister & A&F in Westfield Citrus Park, Tampa
Hollister & A&F in The Florida Mall, Orlando
Hollister in Volusia Mall, Daytona Beach
Hollister in Aventura Mall, Aventura
Hollister in West Oaks Mall, Ocoee
Some of the items I bought were...
PC Highway Tee - White - $9.59
Embarcadero Tee - White - $11.70
La Jolla Shores Tee - Grey Beach Kings - $9.59
La Jolla Tee - White Huntington Pier - $8.99
San Onofre Henley - White - $14.70
Dana Point Shirt - Red & White Check - $19.99
All Weather Competition Jacket - Blue - $53.70
SoCal Oceanside Fleece Jacket - Navy - $59.97
Pebbly Beach Hoodie - Grey - $59.97
SoCal Belt - Blue - $5.39
12x Grandview Pier Body Sprays - 3 for $24
6x Breakers Beach Body Sprays - 3 for $24
4.2 FL OZ. SoCal Cologne - $65
2x 2.5 FL OZ. SoCal Cologne - $50/1
1.7 FL OZ. SoCal Cologne - $38
2x 1.7 FL OZ. Break Line Cologne - $35/1
Dudes Slim Straight Jeans - Dark Wash - $39.50
16x Dudes Boxer Briefs - Various Colors - $12.50/$6.25
So the total of everything I bought - way more than what is listed above - should have been $1562.82 at full retail price...although it only came to $973.93 awesomely after all the in store promotions and after the discount vouchers. A fantastic saving of $588.89. Also, on my last day, there was a promo which gave you a free iPhone (4/4s or 5) case free with any purchase of 1 pair of jeans. This worked out pretty well as all jeans were $10 off! So I bought a pair of Dudes Slim Straight Jeans in dark wash. That's my iPhone case there on the left! This is the iPhone 5 one. Here are also some photos of parts of my haul. (Sorry for the terrible quality!)...
Also, if anyone is planning to visit Orlando, FL, then I have a few helpful tips for you when shopping in Hollister...
1) Don't go to the main tourist stores (namely, The Florida Mall and Mall at Millenia) as these stores are nearly always excluded from the promotions, or have alternate promos on. These stores are almost always too busy as well, of course!
2) The Hollister store at West Oaks mall in Ocoee is fantastic for discounts! When I went, the whole store was on sale! With various deals ranging from 4 for $24 body sprays, to boxers for $6.25. This store is about a 40 minute drive from Celebration.
3) If you are staying for more than one week, then postpone buying anything full price until the next week. Sometimes items go on sale weekly, I found this out when I bought a tee in Volusia Mall, Daytona, for $19.50. When I visited West Oaks, Ocoee, the next week, I found the exact same tee for only $10!
4) If you hate waiting in queues for the register or changing rooms, go to the non-tourist stores (again, duh)! I wanted to try on a few things in HCo at the Florida Mall, but about 14 people were in front of me in the queue. Where as, in Daytona, I walked straight into a changing room.
5) Beware of the sales tax! In Florida it's 6.5% on top of the marked price. If you NEED to know exactly how much it will be, multiply the marked price by .065.
6) Also, if you need to buy specific gifts for others, save a photo of the item onto your phone instead of writing down the name. The employees I spoke to didn't know what shirt I was looking for when I told them the name, but as soon as I showed them a picture, they located it instantly!
7) Go visit both the A&F and Hollister Co stores at Westfield Citrus Park, Tampa. The staff are so friendly, and the stores are both super quiet. Did I mention that the discounts there are pretty good too? ;) Also, the A&F store looks pretty amazing! (Pictured below)
Anyhow, that's all for this week's post!