LAUNCHED IN 2010, THE SITCH ON FITCH BECAME THE INSPIRED, RESPECTED BRAND OF PASSION OVER THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRESTIGE OF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. (ADMIRATION FOR ITS PAST GOING BACK TO 1892 AND FOR THE MODERN-TIME HEIGHTS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA); IT WAS OFFICIALLY, POSITIVELY RECOGNIZED BY A&F HOME OFFICE BY APRIL 2012, WITH A DIRECT EMAIL TO THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, DURING ITS GROWTH AS THE ONE-OF-A-KIND, MULTINATIONAL ONLINE PUBLICATION, WITH HIGH-GRADE PRESENTATION WHICH EVOLVED OVER ITS RUN, FOR RELEVANT, UNIQUE, IN-DEPTH BUSINESS, CULTURE, AND STYLE CONTENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES WORLDWIDE (MONTHLY PAGEVIEWS SURPASSED 110K BY AUGUST 2012); AND IT WAS FOLDED BY SEPTEMBER 2015 AFTER THE DECEMBER 2014 RETIREMENT OF MIKE JEFFRIES AND THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF'S DISTASTE WITH THE FURTHER DEGRADATION OF THE COMPANY BY ITS NEW MANAGEMENT. WITH CONTENT BY THE PERSPECTIVE OF DEVOTED CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES FROM AMERICA, EUROPE AND FAR EAST ASIA, THE SITCH ON FITCH (2010-2015) REMAINS AS A HISTORICAL, ZEITGEIST ONLINE PUBLICATION OVER THE FINAL YEARS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA. THIS SITE WILL BE REVAMPED SOON TO OFFICIATE AN INTELLIGENT ARCHIVE FOR THE USE OF ALL PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE CONTENT PUBLISHED DURING THE PUBLICATION'S ORIGINAL RUN.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tales of Vintage! | Abercrombie & Fitch Men's Skinny Jeans, Spring-Summer 2010...


Guided by a timeless spirit of love and nostalgia, Tales of Vintage! is proudly presented by The Sitch on Fitch as a new icon of THE HOTTEST BLOG! With a focus on exceptional pieces of value in time, style, and heart, this unique new series will forever be an awe-inspiring anthology of FIERCE countless wonders galore! Every week, Tales of Vintage! will release a new gem, in awesome flair of show-and-tell, spotlighting on exceptional details and personal stories by various A&F Family fans across the planet. Within the World of Abercrombie & Fitch, this is the start of something special to be admired across space and time...




PRESENTER
C.E.R.

FROM
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

FEATURING
A&F SKINNY JEANS,
SPRING-SUMMER 2010




Hey, awesome reader! How's it going?

Kicking off Tales of Vintage! in this #HotNewJeansOnTheRise season, I'd like to introduce you to a very special pair of jeans I seriously just love with all my heart. They are a pair of "Rollins" A&F Skinny Jeans in destroyed medium wash from the Spring-Summer 2010 season. Sure. Pretty recent item to merit the qualifications of "vintage". However, for jeans, you'll find that a 3+ year-old, heavily worn and washed pair fits the bill. What's furthermore significant is that this pair pre-dates the new era of jeans, at Abercrombie & Fitch, which was brought on by the "Redesigned 2012 Jeans" of Back-to-School 2011 – that introduced an emphasis on a more fitted form, did away with boot (and flare for women), declined implementation of heavy destruction design and more distinguishing washes and effects, and retired the names of every fit of jeans (men's Remsen slim straight, Horton classic straight, Baxter slim boot, Kilburn low boot; women's Caroline super skinny, Erin skinny, Emma boot, Madison flare). I definitely loved the names because it gave each fit like a defining, personal, individual character and attitude; and so the retirement of the names, to me, definitively marked the end of something – like the end of individuals, friends, and I miss them, my denim guys and gals – and the jeans themselves just continued on soulless without. The jeans of today are awesome, and we'll surely make good memories with every new pair. But it's just not the same. Sure, it's just a name, but personification, exclusive to the human mind, takes things to higher, appealing level. It's definitely fun to say, "I love my Rollins!" and it really means something special.

I absolutely love my Rollins. Been with me through thick-and-thin. And you wanna know why I love 'em so much? Raw, rugged attitude boldly juxtaposed with style-forward skinny fit. I bought 'em that season at a time when I said, "Sure, why not get a pair of skinnys for once?" The style trend was rising mainstream for men and I had never been into it before. Also, not to brag, but I have nicely defined "man-legs" and still to this day stop at slim straights when it comes to more fitting fits. I don't look forward to fitting my legs in skinnys...never mind super skinnys! I actually had to purchase these a size higher than my regular. And so these are seriously the only pair I own in skinny fit. Shocking, but true. With all honesty, since then, I have felt that I just do not need another pair of skinnys... I enjoy wearing them all-year: warmer weather with the legs rolled up, light tees, and sockless in Sperrys; colder weather with cuff at leg-ends, tees and flannel shirts, and warm socks in Sperrys and boots. Such a fit with such a look, and durable through all this time, these Rollins are perfect package, all 'round, for me!



#HANGINOUT















#SUCHAMODEL







































I had really great fun photographing my Rollins and capturing the beautiful aspects of my amazing, all-time favorite jeans! The A&F gift box is the original one in which they came in when I ordered the pair online abercrombie.com. Out of personal preference, I have every personal order shipped to me in an Abercrombie & Fitch gift box. I mean, hell, if I'm not getting a bag...then I'm getting a nice box! And as additional prop, I used this olden wooden oar I keep in my room. Funny story how I came to it. This one night in October 2010, me and my sister watched Sherlock Holmes (2009) and were stuffing our faces with junk food as I had gone by then five months on a pure, strict-vegetarian diet. Needless to say, it was a stupid idea and I got awfully lightheaded and whatever. So on the following chilly, early morning, as the light sun rose bleakly, I went out for a jog – tee, these blue A&F gym shorts I had been using all previous summer, and gray Nikes – and veered off the trail and walked down to this river under a high, wooden bridge. I love being alone in the woods. It's my quirk. I'm a nature boy. And I went to stand under the bridge and watch the water pass and listen to the morning rise...and then I spotted it...an old oar...and it was jutting out of the water amid some other fallen, swept pieces of wood. Of course, me being me, I thought, "Oh! Vintage wooden oar = A&F." LOL Not that it's from A&F, but that it simply reminds me of the Company's historic days. I could make out the wooden boat, submerged upside-down underwater, to which it belonged to, but of course I couldn't bring that with me. And I came out of that favorite area of mine with this olden, handcrafted oar. An elderly couple I passed on my way back home asked me where I had found it at. I told them, "Down yonder." haha. I hope you enjoyed this premier Tales of Vintage! post...

Stay FIERCE!

_____________________


THIS IS HAS BEEN THE PREMIER OF TALES OF VINTAGE!,
A SERIES OF POSTS HIGHLIGHTING EXCEPTIONAL ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO.
PIECES WITH PERSONAL STORIES FROM FANS ACROSS THE PLANET.

_____________________


Images and written content © C.E.R., The Sitch on Fitch.