It isn't quite Spring yet, but I'm already in love with so many of the trends. Though it's still cold here, a lot of Abercrombie and Hollister pre-Spring items are versatile to add in with some of your Winter items. Furthermore, they might help get through the months before Spring holiday.
With so many trends included in Abercrombie&Fitch, abercrombie, and Hollister Co's pre-Spring "Spring Preview'' collections, I've narrowed my favorites for both the girls and guys to my top five...
- Sorbet Pastels are so cute this season. A&F's Kira polo (US$50) in a neon coral (my personal fave spring color) or mint green with a pair of light wash shorts or HCo's Seagrove skirt (US$34.50) with an easy fit graphic tee or tank top are my fave ways to wear this trend.
- Fun prints are everywhere. Aside from A&F's regular stripes, polka dots, Aztec, and floral prints are also on shirts, skirts, jeans, and shorts. I especially love the floral printed shorts and skirts. A&F's printed mid rise short shorts (US$54), Ainsley skirt (US$48), abercrombie's Blake skirt (US$39.50), and Hollister's Cardiff shorts (US$34.50) would all be so sweet with a chiffon shirt from any of the three brands.
- Of course, I still adore lace. It is so timeless and classic. Hollister's Santa Margarita tank (US$29.50) would be really adorable with a pair of pastel jeggings and A&F's Jessica skirt (US$58) would be fun with a chiffon top and light weight scarf.
- High waist shorts were a trend for last spring and summer and A&F has a ton of cute ones. I like the original destroyed medium wash pair, but there are also embellished, bleached, and 'repaired' (made to look like they've been repaired with sewed on patches) pairs.
- Chiffon tops will be perfect when it gets warmer. Gily Hicks on Abercrombie and Hollister's websites recently was excellent timing as the shirts- both long sleeve and tank top versions- are light weight and sheer. The GH bralette with lace detail is a cute alternative to a tank top under the chiffon.
- As I wrote last week, I am totally in love with the men's- and abercrombie guys'- All-Season Weather Warrior Jacket. There are fleece lined and mesh lined versions either with a hood (US$120) or without hood (US$140) for 'all season weather'. Go bold for the spring in red, blue, or yellow. It goes with anything, but I think a button down under a sweater is totally cute as styled on A&F (top left model in above photo)-- or the way the models wore it at the store openings. ;)
- The bold/sorbet pastel trend also extends to guys fashion in shorts like the A&F Lake Arnold shorts (US$50) and the polos like the A&F Kilburn Mountain polo (US$60). Pair the shorts with a cool graphic tee and the polos with 'spring's hottest jeans'. If you're feeling bold, mix a bold polo with a bold pair of shorts. Like a blue polo and red shorts a la Ralph Lauren.
- Fierce graphic tees. Whatever your thoughts were on Abercrombie graphic tees, this spring's might change your mind. Abercrombie's graphic tees are a bit more artistic like the Boundary Peak tee (US$30) as C.E.R wrote about and the fierce cat prints (US$30). Hollister's Embarcadero tees (US$17.50) are #SoCool with their 'bold attitude graphics' like "More waves, More rays".
- Sweaters are perfect for layering over polos or button downs all year and I love this spring's arrivals. My favorite is the A&F Latham Pond (US$98) with the shawl collar. Wear unbuttoned with a bright button down underneath.
- Titled 'spring's hottest jeans', the guys' new arrival jeans don't disappoint. They're destroyed light-to-medium wash in skinny and slim-straight fits.
Though I love so much from the pre-Spring collections, there were a few that I didn't love so much...
- Some of Hollister's graphic tees were cool, but the guys' red Avalon tee (US$17.50) is totally not.
- As much as I love some destroyed jeans, I'm not such a fan of the guys and girls' painted pairs this spring.
- I think Hollister went a little overboard with the destroyed denim with the really destroyed and raw edged hems on their girls' destroyed high rise short shorts.
What are your favorite pre-Spring collection items? Which ones are on your 'Do Not Wear' (DNW) list? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next Friday...
xoxo Aimee ♥