LAUNCHED IN 2010, THE SITCH ON FITCH BECAME THE INSPIRED, RESPECTED BRAND OF PASSION OVER THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRESTIGE OF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. (ADMIRATION FOR ITS PAST GOING BACK TO 1892 AND FOR THE MODERN-TIME HEIGHTS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA); IT WAS OFFICIALLY, POSITIVELY RECOGNIZED BY A&F HOME OFFICE BY APRIL 2012, WITH A DIRECT EMAIL TO THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, DURING ITS GROWTH AS THE ONE-OF-A-KIND, MULTINATIONAL ONLINE PUBLICATION, WITH HIGH-GRADE PRESENTATION WHICH EVOLVED OVER ITS RUN, FOR RELEVANT, UNIQUE, IN-DEPTH BUSINESS, CULTURE, AND STYLE CONTENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES WORLDWIDE (MONTHLY PAGEVIEWS SURPASSED 110K BY AUGUST 2012); AND IT WAS FOLDED BY SEPTEMBER 2015 AFTER THE DECEMBER 2014 RETIREMENT OF MIKE JEFFRIES AND THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF'S DISTASTE WITH THE FURTHER DEGRADATION OF THE COMPANY BY ITS NEW MANAGEMENT. WITH CONTENT BY THE PERSPECTIVE OF DEVOTED CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES FROM AMERICA, EUROPE AND FAR EAST ASIA, THE SITCH ON FITCH (2010-2015) REMAINS AS A HISTORICAL, ZEITGEIST ONLINE PUBLICATION OVER THE FINAL YEARS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA. THIS SITE WILL BE REVAMPED SOON TO OFFICIATE AN INTELLIGENT ARCHIVE FOR THE USE OF ALL PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE CONTENT PUBLISHED DURING THE PUBLICATION'S ORIGINAL RUN.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

An Abercrombie Invitation (and Flirting)…Are You In?

The hot gift from Abercrombie & Fitch... (and yes that is my Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince poster in the left background; the lego's structure in the right background is my attempt to make A&F Ginza out of the legos I had left over from my childhood...I was bored one day and thought, "Why not make A&F Ginza out of legos!").
I went into one of the Abercrombie & Fitch stores in my area the other day – I have freaking five A&F’s around me! How awesome! – and did myself a little Back-to-School 2011 shopping. Here in America, there’s the amazing 50% of redlines going on and I just couldn’t resist stocking up on last minute A&F gear! Well, I had an awesome time! One store model in particular left me completely “smitten”...we chatted, commented on how fast clothing sells when they go on clearance!, and shared memories - particularly after I mentioned the hectic December 26 (when the stores were JAMMED with post-Christmas shoppers). I remember that day more so because this model actually made a hilarious and playful (or was it flirtful) comment about my jammed-with-A&F-gift-cards wallet. He also bagged a leather belt I bought that day that has, from the get-go, long since been my favorite accessory from A&F. Honestly, this person is unforgettable.

Anyway, soon afterwards, I finished checking out all the FIERCE merchandise, and headed over to the cash wrap. I paid…and how much I paid is obscene, and my own business, I’ll just say (my friends criticize my spending)… I also had a little chat with the store manager about the new stuff going on. And out of the conversation, I came out with a special little envelope…

Dark gray, sealed, and Abercrombie seductive, it begged attention! It was of the very few she, the manager, had left and she handed it to me; it begged to be opened! The front is stamped with the “A&F / ARE YOU IN” logo of the season. On the back, it reads “Uncover our gift to you…” And so I opened the sexy little envelope – only Abercrombie can make an envelope come across sexy – carefully, slowly, cautiously… From the inside, I pulled out a quite hot promo card, inviting me back to Abercrombie & Fitch, for another exclusive round of a discount: “You’ve been selected. 25% off entire purchase…” A discount only for those with an invite in hand! How awesome is that! (Well, I call it an invite. What the hell else would you call this? It’s a gift-invite, right!).

With a smile on my face, I waved my goodbyes to the gorgeous girls at the cash wrap under the iconic Abercrombie moose head fixture. I got to the door for an exit (another cool shopping experience), but before I did, I was stunned by a jubilant voice behind me: “So what’d you end up getting?” I turned around and it is the store model …the store model…who interrupted a conversation with another person, the moment I was spotted walking to the door, to ask me, beaming and staring at me intently, what I had purchased (was that excitement I detected). Intrigued I cocked my head smirking, showed off my purchases (all the while glancing at each other), and got a “Sweet…” reply and an unusually warm good-bye that ended in a cute-killer smile…

Like I said, I’ve seen the hottie before so you bet I’ll be back with my invite to give the flirting another go…third time’s a charm, and with 25% off, my next visit to A&F will sure be even more FIERCE than before.

P.S. Oh, and the model is a guy. What can I say? I don’t discriminate. Like a favorite A&F tee of mine states, “Sexually liberal…”

P.S. P.S. The envelops were only given out in Abercrombie & Fitch stores throughout the United States and, thus, the discount is only valid for American purchases excluding those at the Fifth Avenue flagship store in NYC. The flirting, however, can happen to anyone hot enough worldwide! Stay FIERCE!

The back of the promo card...
The shirt that made him say, "Sweet..." very hot!