B     U     S     I     N     E     S     S     .               C     U     L     T     U     R     E     .             S     T     Y     L     E     .

Friday, February 1, 2013

AIMEE IN AMERICA! | MY FIRST INSTORE GILLY HICKS EXPERIENCE...


Hey Fashionable Dudes & Bettys!

Again last week I found myself near Chicago. More specifically the Schaumburg Woodfield Mall, the same mall international models visited for Black Friday 2012 and the location of one of the seventeen US Gilly Hicks locations. Despite the three Gilly Hicks stores in Illinois within an hour of Michigan Ave, last weekend was my first GH experience.

Walking into Gilly Hicks felt like walking back in time to what I imagine Ruehl was like. The familiarity of the attention to intimate detail in interior design during that era and some pieces of music are very reminiscent. This may be because the closing of Ruehl occured around the same time as the opening of Gilly Hicks?

Note: I have only seen Ruehl in videos. Like this one of the closing of a location (here).

While Gilly Hicks originally began as a brand for 18 and up, the store was similar to a VS (Victoria's Secret) Pink (15-22 year old demographic) with an Abercrombie & Fitch atmosphere. As analyst Kimberly Greenberger said in 2008 following the first opening, "...Gilly Hicks could be a more wholesome alternative (to Victoria's Secret), and mothers would not mind taking their 15-year-olds to Gilly Hicks to shop."

Depending on the season, the Gilly Hicks' playlist is sometimes my favorite of the brands. And I love this Pre-Spring's with songs like No Strings (Mayer Hawthorne) and few others I haven't been able to find yet. Like the Michigan Avenue Abercrombie and Hollister stores, Gilly Hicks was a maze of many fabulous rooms. I especially loved the fragrance counter room in the center of the store.

I forgot to take a photo of the storefront- too excited! :)
But it was very similar to the Mall of America location.
Photo found online.





















lace sleep shorts <3 and sailing club tee

Have you ever been to Gilly Hicks? What do you think of it? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next Friday...
Stay Fabulous&FIERCE!
xoxo Aimee ♥

19 comments:

  1. Wow this lace looks great!!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken. com

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o GORGEOUS POST! Love the armchairs and the books and the guy mural! And the fragrance counter most def. Did you venture into the fitting rooms? How are they like at the mall you visited? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Adored the guy mural, if only there were some guy models too.. haha. I forgot to check out the fitting rooms, remembered on my way home. I've heard they're fabulous though.
      xoxo Aimee

      Delete
  3. Really amazing! Unfortunately I live far far away :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! There are seven European locations, six in the UK and one in Germany. :)
      xoxo Aimee

      Delete
  4. Nice post.
    Maybe we can follow each other? Let me know that.

    Love
    Sara
    http://morethanafashionn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!
      Love the pink blog. :)
      xoxo Aimee

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    I loved your post and I'm your new follower!

    I hope your visit to my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    http://youtube.com/pathymakeup

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy!

    Hugs ..

    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa
    Instagram: @pathyamorinha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! :)
      You're blog is also super fab.
      xoxo Aimee

      Delete
  6. It looks and sounds fantastic... unfortunately the shop doesn´t excist in Germany or Europe, but I´d really like to visit it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, 'Nowak'. Gilly Hicks can be found with retail locations in London and Cardiff, Wales, as well as in Oberhausen, Germany, at the CentrO shopping center.

      - C.E.R., Editor-in-Chief

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks dear! :) It had a totally inviting vibe.
      xoxo Aimee

      Delete
  8. LONDON SCHOOL OF MODELLING
    MODELS MISFITS AND MAYHEM
    ITV2
    DEBBIE KING
    MODELLING AGENCY
    MODEL AGENCY
    MODELLING SCHOOL
    MODEL SCHOOL
    HOW TO BECOME A MODEL
    MAKE ME A MODEL,Models Misfits and Mayhem ITV2.
    London school of modelling reviews
    London school of modelling reviews
    London school of modelling reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. My niece works at GH here in nyc and she looooves it! can't wait to visit the store..

    xoxo!
    www.heightsoffashion.com

    Ps: thanks for visiting us, we'll be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks dears! :) Working at the NY GH would be so much fun.
    Glad I came across your new blog.
    xoxo Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool post :)

    independent beauty blog by she.is.the.one

    ReplyDelete