LAUNCHED IN 2010, THE SITCH ON FITCH BECAME THE INSPIRED, RESPECTED BRAND OF PASSION OVER THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRESTIGE OF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. (ADMIRATION FOR ITS PAST GOING BACK TO 1892 AND FOR THE MODERN-TIME HEIGHTS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA); IT WAS OFFICIALLY, POSITIVELY RECOGNIZED BY A&F HOME OFFICE BY APRIL 2012, WITH A DIRECT EMAIL TO THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, DURING ITS GROWTH AS THE ONE-OF-A-KIND, MULTINATIONAL ONLINE PUBLICATION, WITH HIGH-GRADE PRESENTATION WHICH EVOLVED OVER ITS RUN, FOR RELEVANT, UNIQUE, IN-DEPTH BUSINESS, CULTURE, AND STYLE CONTENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES WORLDWIDE (MONTHLY PAGEVIEWS SURPASSED 110K BY AUGUST 2012); AND IT WAS FOLDED BY SEPTEMBER 2015 AFTER THE DECEMBER 2014 RETIREMENT OF MIKE JEFFRIES AND THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF'S DISTASTE WITH THE FURTHER DEGRADATION OF THE COMPANY BY ITS NEW MANAGEMENT. WITH CONTENT BY THE PERSPECTIVE OF DEVOTED CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES FROM AMERICA, EUROPE AND FAR EAST ASIA, THE SITCH ON FITCH (2010-2015) REMAINS AS A HISTORICAL, ZEITGEIST ONLINE PUBLICATION OVER THE FINAL YEARS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA. THIS SITE WILL BE REVAMPED SOON TO OFFICIATE AN INTELLIGENT ARCHIVE FOR THE USE OF ALL PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE CONTENT PUBLISHED DURING THE PUBLICATION'S ORIGINAL RUN.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Letter from the Editor! | The Coming of Fall and a Guy's Favorite Piece Clothing for the Season...

I don't know about you, but the "-ember" (September, October, November, and December) months of the year are the best in my opinion. It's the weather, festivities, scenery and style. I always say that there's no fall-winter season like on the great American East Coast. It's just not the same elsewhere in America. On the East Coast it's all about deep American traditions (centuries old for which we were the proud birthplace) and natural autumn beauty, unique to our region, within which the mood is set for the final moments of the year...

Yes! September has FINALLY arrived to kick off the true coming of fall...a change in the wind...a just welcomed change bringing forth wondrous hues of gold, orange, and red all about. If anything more beautiful is to witness the delightful play and dance of fallen autumn leaves in the cool and crisp wind. Ever more beautiful is it to experience as soft sunset begins to fall... And all a guy has to do is stand there enjoying nature in his favorite Abercrombie & Fitch lightweight khaki jacket.

And so that brings me to my favorite piece of clothing for this fall season...there is nothing more classic from Abercrombie & Fitch than the lightweight khaki jacket. I call it rugged, with a classic masculine style, that goes perfectly with whatever the outfit for the season. Whether it be looking Abercrombie bad-ass in style for school, for the night's anticipated American football game (I have to say "American football" as to not to confuse international readers with "soccer football), for time inside the local art gallery, or for a more loose place...the bar down the street!...it's absolutely perfect for whatever and wherever this season!

To be honest with you, I have never worn the jacket! I purchased it – named the "Cascade Lakes jacket" and retailed for US$120 – last winter season and never got to wear it. It has been awaiting, stored away deep within the small closet of mine, for release from the dark, FIERCE-ly perfumed depths. However, it was not the only piece of clothing which befell to this fate. I bought a lot of A&F gear last year – an obscene amount! – that hasn't been worn since their purchase. (To my defense, I haven't purchased much A&F this year). As I mentioned, this guy – me – has, unfortunately, a small closet which always presents the seasonal herculean task of organizing and storing my personal hoard; and it includes not just tees and jackets and jeans and what not, but also shoes, vintage clothing from years past, fragrance, and a 300+ collection of A&F Family shopping bags. It isn't chaos in my closet – only when it's time to organize again! – but I am afraid of something falling on my head whenever I realize that I have to pull something out... I've had cologne bottles hit me over the head before, and some of the bags have cascaded all over me in this one nasty incident from which I came out very angered at my closet! So this autumn season, I will bravely pull out my Cascade Lakes jacket and enjoy the fall in style without having Colden or Jake hitting me over the head again...

On a more endearing note, we will be paying homage to RUEHL No.925 starting this Monday, September 24. Naturally, we celebrate the birth of the refined, sophisticated, and cool post-grad concept by Abercrombie & Fitch...not its fall. Fans still remain fans of the upscale Greenwich Village, New York, lifestyle to this day....many always wondering about a possible return. I was absolutely madly in love with RUEHL – still am! – and I do not mind sharing that if it were still around, RUEHL would be the only brand I'd wear (sorry A&F!). If you're one of those eternal R925 fans, you know who you are! We keep the spirit alive... For all it was, we remember RUEHL...

You got a favorite piece of clothing or accessory for the fall season? You love the "-ember" months, too? Ah, and you know what I also love? Pumpkin pie! :D

Stay FIERCE, my friends!


C.E.R.
Editor-in-Chief

P.S. I've succeed in bringing out my Cascade Lakes jacket unscathed!


Click on images to view larger!












" A MAN WITH A GOOD COAT UPON HIS BACK
MEETS WITH A BETTER RECEPTION
THAN HE WHO HAS A BAD ONE. "



– the great English author Samuel Johnson (1709 – 1784)