LAUNCHED IN 2010, THE SITCH ON FITCH BECAME THE INSPIRED, RESPECTED BRAND OF PASSION OVER THE ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRESTIGE OF ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. (ADMIRATION FOR ITS PAST GOING BACK TO 1892 AND FOR THE MODERN-TIME HEIGHTS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA); IT WAS OFFICIALLY, POSITIVELY RECOGNIZED BY A&F HOME OFFICE BY APRIL 2012, WITH A DIRECT EMAIL TO THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, DURING ITS GROWTH AS THE ONE-OF-A-KIND, MULTINATIONAL ONLINE PUBLICATION, WITH HIGH-GRADE PRESENTATION WHICH EVOLVED OVER ITS RUN, FOR RELEVANT, UNIQUE, IN-DEPTH BUSINESS, CULTURE, AND STYLE CONTENT FOR THE COMMUNITY OF CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES WORLDWIDE (MONTHLY PAGEVIEWS SURPASSED 110K BY AUGUST 2012); AND IT WAS FOLDED BY SEPTEMBER 2015 AFTER THE DECEMBER 2014 RETIREMENT OF MIKE JEFFRIES AND THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF'S DISTASTE WITH THE FURTHER DEGRADATION OF THE COMPANY BY ITS NEW MANAGEMENT. WITH CONTENT BY THE PERSPECTIVE OF DEVOTED CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES FROM AMERICA, EUROPE AND FAR EAST ASIA, THE SITCH ON FITCH (2010-2015) REMAINS AS A HISTORICAL, ZEITGEIST ONLINE PUBLICATION OVER THE FINAL YEARS OF THE MIKE JEFFRIES ERA. THIS SITE WILL BE REVAMPED SOON TO OFFICIATE AN INTELLIGENT ARCHIVE FOR THE USE OF ALL PARTIES INTERESTED IN THE CONTENT PUBLISHED DURING THE PUBLICATION'S ORIGINAL RUN.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Music Profiled! | Love is a Hurricane - Boyzone



My god, when I walked into Abercrombie & Fitch the day after Christmas Day and this song came up, it was as if I was hit by romanticism like a runaway train... The imagery: "Lie in bed, but I can't sleep / on the ledge, but I can't leap...when you kiss my lips, I see lightning in the sky...one step forward and two steps back, you're love is like a hurricane / when you're with me, I'm on track / we're riding on a crazy train / I'll be fine, if you're mine / on the end of the line...butterflies I want to keep / I try to laugh, but I just weep / something about you gets me so deep inside...one step forward and two steps back, you're love is like a hurricane..." It just takes you on an emotional storm; it stirs the inner romance in us all. This song is amazing.

And I am sure many of you felt the same way. Love is a Hurricane (7th Heaven Radio Edit) by Boyzone was a part of the A&F pre-Spring 2011 playlist that played in stores from December 26th to mid-Ferbruary. This happens to be my pick for one of the best playlists ever compiled for Abercrombie & Fitch and I rank this track as one of the top best in the playlist. Basically, that makes the track one of the best songs ever played inside A&F and of course it is. Love is a Hurricane (7th Heaven Radio Edit) is classic Abercrombie & Fitch: romantic, passionate, energetic, and youthful, nothing comes close.

I really, really love this song and decided to check out the artists. Boyzone is an Irish pop boyband that came together in 1993 with five guys - Keith Duffy, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham, Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch - Keating and Gately were the band's leading singers. Boyzone's first studio album, Said and Done, was released in November 1994 and was certified 3x platinum in the United Kingdom. A Different Beat, their second studio album, which was released in October 1996, was also certified 3x platinum. Boyzone's third album, Where We Belong, was mostly written by the band members and became the 3rd best selling in the UK for the year; it was certified 5x platinum after being released in May 1998. After 2000, the guys split up to pursue solo careers. They had sold over 13 million records and were one of the best-selling artists of the time. In October 2009, Stephen died in his apartment in Majorca, Spain, of pulmonary oedema which resulted from an undiagnosed heart condition: "Stephen Gately’s death represents the first time that the boyband genre has had to deal with such a tragic situation," stated the The Irish Times. His name was one of the most searched for topics on Google UK in 2009, and "Boyzone" came third after Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize accolade. Gately was the band's openly gay member, a philanthropist, and heralded as a hero of gay rights by The Times UK.

Named in memory of Gately, Boyzone's first studio album in 12 years was titled Brother. A tribute to Gately, and featuring vocals by him, the single Gave It All Away was #1 on the Irish Singles Chart and a Top 10 in the UK Singles Chart. Released in March 2010, the album over all was positively reviewed. The second and last single happens to have been...you guessed it...Love is a Hurricane. It is the original version and no less amazing. I watched the official music video for it this past weekend and it is awesome, truly awesome...and damn those Irish guys are hot!



I've since got their Said and Done and Brother albums in my iTunes library, but haven't got the chance to listen to them completely. That's why I wasn't able to comment on how much I liked them. Nevertheless, from what I have listened to, they're totally great. Especially Brother which is one of the best reviewed. However, this album is more adult rock than the pop Boyzone is known for. All-in-all, very, very good music. And I've gotta thank Abercrombie & Fitch for introducing me to these guys. Boyzone's got a fan in me! Stay FIERCE!

P.S. This is all very coincidential for me considering that A&F is opening in Dublin!